Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Of fats, carbohydrates, proteins and DNA...

Did you know...

... that most canned/packed meat with preservatives which make the meat red are carcinogenic?
... that the name Palmolive came from palmitic acid and olive oil which are ingredients of the soap?
... that perfumes are esters that upon hydrolysis can turn back into carboxylic acids, that makes you smell sour when you sweat after putting your perfume?
... that DNA primary bonds are extremely strong?

A little bit of trivia goes a long way.

My summer classes have ended. I know that I passed the lab part, I'm not so sure about the lec part. It's all too confusing. How should I know how to differentiate 1-Pentyne from 2-Pentyne? It boggles the mind. >_< (It's one of the questions in the finals, and until now I can't answer it.)

Daddy is coming home in a few days. I hope he comes back safely.

My cousin's kids are driving me nuts. Playing with them drains all my energy. ^^; But I love them to bits! <3

Finally watched Da Vinci Code. It was basically okay. I found a few missing details from the book but it's fine without them.

Whee~! This post is full of randomness... lol! XD

No comments: